Thursday 24 February 2011

Landscape on the Outside

I was planting the Philippine Grass almost to completion and realised that it was not enough for the outside.  Great job on planning *pat myself on the back*  and then *roll eyes*.


Rather than getting the Indonesian worker to come back again, I decided that the remaining pieces gets split up.


Initial look similar to patchwork



AFTER 2 months



BEFORE View from another angle



AFTER 2 months
A hilly landscape was done due to convenience.  I had extra soil dug up from inside the house compound and didn't want to get another truck to clear it.  It turned out perfect.  Giving the plain looking landscape a difference.




BEFORE



AFTER



Plants put randomly and then black plastics were laid at the bottom and then covered with dried leaves. Its just to stop weeds from growing.  I saved the black plastics from the Philippine Grass and recycled them.  Very useful indeed.

I didn't have the time to do more landscape for the plants near the coconut tree, yet.  I really abhor the ugly looking bricks.  But that was the best I could do to make it look neat enough, for the moment.  I am in the midst of making cute little wooden fence.  I will get on it once I get my butt out of this chair infront of the computer!


When will I get to taste you, my little delicious Nam Dok Mai manggo?   No, don't be pressured, take your time to grow and fruit... Right about next week will do fine...  *pat pat rub rub*



Portulaca Grandiflora, (Moss-rose Purslane or Moss-rose)  in the middle of the 'hill'.  I used to call it Japanese Rose but I discovered its scientific name from one of the blog I visited.  Its amazing how ignorant I am with names of plants *sheepish*.  Infact, I don't know most of the names of my plants. But. I do know the names of my sons.




3 comments:

  1. Your house is so balinese look. Love how you decorate your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Milka. I like the woody look :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, quite important to remember the names of your sons. the plants - never mind. If I had gotten myself into this project, my discs would've slipped much earlier...

    ReplyDelete