Wednesday 2 March 2011

Building Trellis

My trellis ideas was taken from the "square foot garden" concept. I bought the plastic pipes from the electrical shop and tied my own nylon strings for the plants to crawl up.


Even though its made of plastic, I hope it will be able to hold up the massive Passion Fruits which will be coming my way *fingers crossed*.



And more nylon strings but better quality, this time.


Thin wood and leftover plastic pipes to make the trellis



Nailing the wood to the plastic pipe

That's how it looks when completed

Not a real beauty, I must admit.  Once the Plants crawls up, hopefully it will overshadow it
This trellis is behind the house, at the back of the privacy fence.  Not visible to onlookers from outside.  Made it from recycle stuffs.



There were wood I picked up from the local hardware shop. He wanted to throw it and was nice enough to give it to me, instead. Then, the steel were leftover from the plaster ceiling works. 


My earliest trellis built from plastic pipe and fish nylon string. Not durable, unfortunately.



I built new trellis with a more hardy nylon string. This pumpkin (?) grew near the Compost Bin, so, I just re-directed it to climb the nylon string

The plan is for the plant to 'cut-across' to the other side and join the trellis along the fence

Oh, please bear some fruits/vegetable soon... I am dying to know, What Are You????
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Your trellis look nice and strong. Im getting ideas from your trellis for my petola and peria plants coming soon! I think that healthy climbing plant there is pumpkin. Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corrine introduced your blog in hers.

    Nice sturdy trellis! Good idea to use recycled materials. I notice your compost bin. I like the fact you used mesh netting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p3chandran: Thanks for coming by. I am glad the ideas are helping you :-) I visited your blog and really enjoyed the read. So inspired to plant as many mulbery tress as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie: Thanks for coming by. The mesh netting is a very good compost bin and I can load a lot of stuffs. Its been there for 6 months and still have space for more. I visited your blog and enjoyed the read. Will visit the herb seller in Johan Setia some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're really good at this DIY stuff. I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blurting: Its kinda reward to do something totally with my own hands. Brings out some kind of creativity :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you're good!! I'm getting ideas from you, wanna make a shelter for my (very headache) passion fruit. The plant you're having there is pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They love the springtime and getting fat on homeowners grass seeds. You may need to use the 2’ chicken wire fence for it to be effective vinyl fence panels

    ReplyDelete